Monday 3 July 2017

Stopping the blame game


HULLO EVERYONE welcome to my blog. Today i would like to write about Blame - one of the most unhelpful exercises humans use to protect themselves.

Sometimes we can thing, and I did, I dont do that, I dont blame others for anything. Well.... actually I did!! Our minds are so good at hiding the truth from us. We do not blame others 90% of the time, and there hidden in the back, behind the shoes in the wardrobe, is 10% still remaining that hides from our conscious mind until suddenly one day, if we're being really honest with ourselves that day...BOOM! there it is! in all its glory shining its unpleasantness out to the person we blame for our feelings.

You make me feel! .... is a favourite of most of us. And even when we KNOW that no one can MAKE us feel anything, we still blame them for feeling miserable, depressed, sad, upset etc.

So how to change that % we still blame others. It might be more or less depending on whether we have been aware of this not so helpful strategy that our egos use to protect us.

It doesnt matter what % you have, its just about changing our mindsets about it. So next time someone speaks unkindly to you, instead of blaming them for making you feel bad, lets do another really WILD crazy OUT THERE thing and FORGIVE THEM!!

Shock,horror, no not that! Yes, that! Actually Jesus learnt to forgive everyone way before he was on the cross. Why did he do that? What was the point?

The point is, ... well there are a few actually:

One point is that blaming others doesnt make us feel better, it actually makes us feel worse.
It keeps the misery going, because what we focus on is what grows stronger in our lives.

For example if I notice the good things about that person then I will feel happy and they will pick up on my Vibe and feel happy then they will be kind to me and then I will be kind to them and then we will both be happy!

I will talk more about this in my next blog.

Love you all. Thank you for reading.

Julia

2 comments:

  1. TY Julia, how true! I found myself sitting with you having a very animated conversation around this topic as I read your blog. Felt very honest, straightforward, and very real. and definitely TRUE!!! Yes, we all do this. I look forward to reading and learning more. RRLY RRTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia for the blog and the sincerity of it allows us to relate to it. I went on this "Aha" journey a while back when i finally and "almost" :-) fully got that it is NEVER about the other, or a situation and if we looked within that we would see the reflection of truth that has surfaced (maybe once again and again) for us to purify and transform. I have also realised in reading this blog that if we could wrap everything in LOVE then our lives would be transformed. So as you say here --- Focus on the LOVE and wrap everything in LOVE. --- EVEN OURSELVES ---- Love you xx

    ReplyDelete